SEO Strategies Everyone Should Use
I don’t believe there is any “ONE” secret formula to gaining a respectable ranking of your website in the search engines. But, there are some things you can do to help you gain a fighting chance at getting ranked. In the WordPress course I walk you through all of the strategies and techniques I use to help rank my websites.
Keep in mind that times have changed and the most popular search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo have become more finicky about how they rank websites. There are many schools of thought on whether or not some of the SEO Tips I list here are still relevant nowadays.
Using one, or all of these is in no way a panacea or magical mix which will launch your site to the top of the search engines results page (SERP). And, as I have said on many pages on this site-There is no substitute for quality content.
That being said, here is my top ten list of some strategies you can put into action today to help you rank higher in the search engines.
How To Get Better Ranking In Search Engines
1. Use the free Google keyword tool and find keywords related to your niche with a local search volume of at least 500.
2 Pick a primary long tail keyword (3 words or more) as your major keyword. Optimize your site around this primary keyword.
3. Find at least 10 related long tail keywords also. Thirty is more ideal though.
4. Try to get a domain name with your primary keyword in it. Priority for domain should be .com .net or .org. Always register a domain name for a minimum of 2 years.
5. If using WordPress, use at least five related keywords for five pages on your website.
6 Create at least 10 posts which will be made up of related keywords
7. Use related keywords for H1 and H2 header titles on posts and pages. Use a minimum of 3 H2-H4 header titles for each post or page when possible.
8. Include your primary keyword at least once on every page and post of your site. Mix it up by making some bold type.
9. Link about 50% of the pages and posts of your site with your primary or secondary keyword back to your main landing page when possible. In this case, it would be “Free WordPress Training Videos Online”
10. DO NOT put your primary keyword on “every” post/page tag line or within your ALL in One SEO plugin keyword or tag area.
This stuff works folks. No, this alone is not going to guarantee you a top ranking on Google. This is just one piece of the SEO pie that you will construct on your way to obtaining a top ranking within the search engines based on “your” long tail keyword of choice.
Remember, these are some basic SEO essentials but do not replace the leg work required by writing quality and informative content.